<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Last weekend, my department put on a picnic before the "BIG" Duke football game. It was catered by the Q-Shack and since I was at work anyway, so why not? I went and being that my our lab is no where near the rest of the department, I knew no one. But there was this couple that sat across from me and she complained about her husband having only gotten meat. Then she asked him why he did not get anything else and he mumbled something then she offered him some of her mac and cheese and he said, that's not mac-n-cheese, that's mac-n-mayonnaise. So she looked at me and sighed "mac-n-mayonnaise" and then rolled her eyes. (As if she has never been to a bbq before, that is normally what they have you know, but that is what makes the Q-Shack so special.) Poor man, I bet he never gets to make a decision.

Later, one of her friends brought her husband/sig. other who obviously is from Spain and is not 100% comfortable with his English. So, she had them sit next to us too and told her husband, he does not know English, you should talk to him and then to the other guy, my husband speaks Spanish you should talk to him. They guys looked at each other and smiled uncomfortably and that was it. The Spanish guy spoke English with his girl just fine and the other guy avoided reason for his wife to make an ass of herself again.

1 comments

1 Comments:

Well, I guess nylon coats could be cool for dogs, but I don't have one. And somehow, I suspect that you did not bother reading my blog.

By Blogger Sallie, at 11:59 PM  

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


free hit counter