<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

I am totally in arts and crafts overload these days. I am making a pillow with an embroidered VW bug on it for father's day (yes, I know father's day was last Sunday, but since my dad is out of town until Friday, I have a grace period of approximately one week). The only bad part about being all late and stuff is that I won't be able to find a father's day card in the store. For mother's day, I got a sunflower thank you card that just said "thank you" in the inside and added the words, "for being such a great mom" (it was purchased after mother's day) so, I am thinking of doing this again for father's day. Greeting card companies should totally keep an out of date section for procrastinators like me.

Also, I learned how to felt (where you take wool and knit it up and then wash it in hot water and then it looks like felt) and found directions to make this cool felted bag and I am totally going to make it.

And, I have become obsessed with craftster. I visit it every day and usually every night. In fact, that is what I am going to do next.

I hung a poster (a movie poster for "Secretary"- now I can gaze longingly at Maggie Gyllenhaal every night) on my wall on Sunday. It is the first decoration that put up in my room and I have been here for a LONG time. I bought two pieces of steel at Lowes, some mirror clips, screws and magnets. I screwed the mirror clips on the wall (two per piece of steel) and then put the steel in them. I put one 40" higher than the other (the length of my poster) and then hung the poster on it with magnets. It totally looks cool and I would totally show you a picture of it, but alas, I am without digital camera. And alas, I am without scanner. So, there is nothing that I can really do to let you see its greatness. But just take my word for it. Also, I got a glass shelf for my IWG figures and I am going to bid on some trees for my Maule Bear and Friend's figure display and I will hang them all just as soon as I find a stud. Actually, two.

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


free hit counter