<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, September 23, 2004

So here's the low-down on the past couple of days. I saw a praying mantis. He followed me around while I was trying to look at him from every angle. He shifted his head and then his body to follow me. Watching a praying mantis move his head is a way cool thing. Just watch A Bugs Life. It has a praying mantis that moves and it is an all around good movie.

I got bitten to death (well, almost to death) by mosquitos in Durham while trying to enjoy my Cajun filet biscuit from BoJangles. In another encounter with a mosquito, well, I killed it but after killing it I discovered that it was perfectly preserved on my finger. You could still see stripes on it's abdomen and all its legs were there and sprawled out. If only my finger was a slide and then I would have cover-slipped that bad boy and looked at it under the microscope. Instead, I wiped it off on my pants.

I ate the creme brule of my dreams on Wednesday (after seeing 13 rentals-so that means I deserved it) and I loved it. And the good news is that it is now just 10 blocks or so from my new place.

I met a super nice person named Sara (or is it Sarah?) and now she is going to be my new neighbor. Maybe we will become friends. That would be sweet. She is the one who told me about the apartment availability in the first place.

So, here's the spiel about the apartment. It is in a house that was built in either 1908 or 1912. It is separated into two units and I have the unit on the right side of the house (if you are facing the house. If you are the house, well, I am on the left side) It has three HUGE rooms, with the kitchen in the back of the middle room. The kitchen has white tile countertops and backsplash. The apartment has hardwood floors that are level (unlike some older houses) and really nice looking. The bathroom has tons of counter space and has a tinny stained glass window in it. There is a back yard that is mostly mine to use and the landscaping is awesome. And there is even a part where I can plant tomatoes and cucumbers next spring. I think it is wonderful and one day, I invite you to come and visit me (but not now, because I don't live there yet and you don't know how to get there yet.)

1 comments

1 Comments:

Why don't you update?

By Blogger Sallie, at 6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


free hit counter