<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, July 24, 2004

So, for any of you out there, here is a brief summary of Japan.  I flew on a long, long, long flight arriving in a place where night is day and day is night.  I slept.  I woke up.  I had fun.  I ate.  And the cycle repeated itself for 14 days.  I have to say that it was great and I recommend anyone to go there if you have spare money just lying around with no use in mind for it.

Really, as stated earlier, I loved the toy machines.  And there was this drum game (I am sure that it is here too) that is kind of the same concept as Dance Dance Revelution but it was with drums- it was fun but I sucked at it.  The food was wonderful.  I just wish that the good ole USA had some Japanese food that could come close to the variety they had there.  My favorite dinner was the night we had Yakitori.  It was quite excellent.  We had several skewers of grilled meat (suchs as chicken, pork and chicken balls- which are just balls of chicken like a sausage ball, not actual chicken testes), grilled vegatables and beer.  You must do it if you ever go there (Japan that is). 

I bought a set of dishes from Japan so that when ever I learn to make Asian food and then actually make it, I will have something to eat it off of.  I am thinking of starting with learning how to make spring rolls (you know, the kind that are not fried) but I am not sure where to get the wrappers.  I guess that I need to find out if Winston has an asian market and where it is located.  That will be something to do next week. 

So, that is all about Japan for now.  I may need material in the next couple of days since I am going to start working again and my life will once again become boring.  Also, as I was sitting down to write about it, I realize that I have not reflected on it (as in the trip to Japan) enough to make it remotly interesting to you.  So hopefully, in the future, I will do better.  Until then, well, I guess that you will just have to deal with the me that is me and that is boring.

In other news, I have started watching the show "Dead Like Me" thanks to Jonathan and Netflicks.  I have seen the first 6 episodes and I have to say that it makes me want to subscribe to Showtime to see season 2.  But, alas, I don't pay the cable bill.  And since I have not finished season 1, then I can't possibly start on the next season yet.  But season 3, just you wait.  I will be all over you with Showtime on my Cable.

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


free hit counter