<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, July 18, 2004

Hello All!!!
 
So, I wanted to write about Japan and tell you all that I learned, but the plane ride today to Michigan was classic gold.  So, I am going to share that greatness with  you now.  And maybe later, I will share about Japan.  I guess that you will just have to wait and see. 
  
So, about the trip.  First of all, I have never flown with Southwest before, and they have open seating, and people were all lined up all over the place waiting to get a seat.  It was an experience to be sure.    While waiting (seated, I had not exactly figured out the drill at that point) I was across from some kids.  They were coloring with the Crayola Color Wonder markers.  Now, you may not know about them, but they only draw on paper specially made for them.  So, one of the kids was drawing on everything to try to see if she could get it to mark anywhere else and the other kid was coloring a paper and come to find out, the pen only colors inside the lines of the drawing on the paper.  What a rip off.  How is the kid supposed to learn to color in the lines if there is no marking outside the lines?  Well, I was upset.  Crayola is screwing with child development. 
 
Upon boarding the plane, I wanted to sleep, so there fore wanted a window seat, and I found one.  Score.  Um, well maybe not.  I ended up next to a chatty cathy.  Thankfully, she was more interested on the aisle guy than me, the window gal.  But, she was pretty much needy and self absorbed.  Any time the aisle guy tried to talk to me, she would interrupt with something totally off subject.  But my plan was simple.  Get my orange juice, drink it, go to sleep.  And that is what I did.  In the mean time, I listened to her prattle on.  So, this is what I learned about her life.  All about the mean people in her high school, her future plans for her life (2 years community college and then to design school for interior design), her parents are divorced, she had lived in Kansas City, South Carolina, St. George and 2 other places, the reason they moved so much is because her dad kept getting fired and because of this, her dad tried to commit suicide.  All in all, that was too much information.  So, sleep was a sweet sweet escape.
 
The second flight was glorious.  I was one of the first 10 people on the plane (I figured out the system by then and I scored an "A" seating assignment) and I got a window seat and I ate my lunch and looked at the clouds.  This is what I saw in the clouds: a Pegasus, and poodle barking at a large ball, a t-rex with is head craned unnaturally upwards growling at the air plane, a giant mermaid riding on a whale and well, that is all, the clouds are now too wispy.
 
So, that is the tale of my flight to Michigan.


0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


free hit counter