<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Just call me a buzzard. Yep, that is what I am. I scavenge around other people's cast offs and then steal them for my own. Take for instance Jonathan's big leaf picture. Yep, that is mine. And it was in the trash. Also, I recently scored a pirate's hat. I am so damn cool. I even blacked out a tooth and went walking around the neighborhood last night with my hat and my eye patch. Oh yeah, I scared some little kids.

But the biggest score was a lab table. (like this, only in table form.) It was being thrown out and I grabbed that bad boy up and took it home. (Well actually, I just took the free sign off of it so no one else would take it and then I had my Grandmother come and we hauled it off together, but you get the picture.) Oh yeah. That is going to make one sweet sewing table. I will have tons of room to lay my fabric out on and then I can cut patterns to my hears content. And then, I can sew. And after I give up sewing, because I become arthritic, I can turn it into a kitchen table. Yes, that is what I will do. I mean, the possibilities are endless. And if there is ever a chemical spill, my table top will survive. Yeah, it is even chemical resistant. World, try your worst. You can't bother me and my table.

I love my new table (even though it is currently in the basement waiting for my eventual move into my own place.) I think that I will write a poem for it (in free verse). I call it:

Ode To the Kick Ass Table

Dear Table, You
Kick my ass
with Your grandeur
with Your flame retardant finish
and chemical resistant coating
I love You.

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


free hit counter