<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, May 18, 2004

Last night, I was at a gas station and was told by the guy working there that I was beautiful and that he really admired me. Not totally unusual you may think, well, let me give you a little background information.

This weekend, I helped move a dear friend of mine who happens to live in Raleigh. When packing, I forgot to pack a comb and a brush and I did not bring enough changes of essential clothing. So, that in of itself is enough to make a person look beauty challenged. To add to my already uncombed hair, I had not washed it since sleeping on it, and my hair gets rather wild during the middle of the night. (I think my hair has nightmares and that causes them to toss and turn all night.) And then, to add insult to injury, I spent all day in the humidity (causing extra frizzy hair).

Additionally, the reason I stopped at this gas station was because I was half asleep. So, my face was all tired looking and my eyes were droopy. And then, this guy who I could not really understand (mostly because I was not totally awake but partially because he had an accent) started telling me that he liked the way I looked. I just wanted to laugh out loud at him and tell him that I did not have a shower today and that I have not combed my hair all weekend. But instead, I just smiled and said thanks awkwardly and thought, hurry up so I can get out of here.

That gas station adventure reminds me of another one that I had a couple of months ago. I was stopped to get gas just outside Burlington, and there was this guy next to me and he started in on my ass. He kept saying, "Damn, you have a fine ass" and other such things. It was hard for me not to laugh at him, so I did. I think this encouraged him. When his friend was finally ready to go, the guy got in the car, rolled down the window, and yelled at me and my ass until he drove out of site.

I guess that the moral of this story is, ladies, if you want a guy, then just go to your neighborhood gas station. I am sure you too will find a gem.

1 comments

1 Comments:

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


free hit counter