<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, April 08, 2004

Yesterday, I completed yet another part of my graduation requirements. I gave my departmental seminar about my research. It was way nervous but people seemed to think that I did a swell job. Jonathan came to see me and he even said that I did a swell job. Just ask him. And so, we celebrated. Winston really does not have much over Raleigh, but we reveled in what it does have. We ate yummy wings and hot chips (fresh made potatoe chips that are just the most perfect that I have ever eaten). And then today for lunch, we had Miss Annie's, a French, Caribbean restaurant that is really good. Also, we watched a great movie last night, Eternal Sunshine of the spotless Mind. And, since there was nothing else great to do in Winston, I went back to work. And Jonathan went home. Kind of sad that my city sucks so at times, but then again, it allows me to not have any excuse as to why I should not work.

On another note, this time next week I will be packing for Sarasota, Florida. I am going there for a conference and I am going down for the full week. One week at the beach. Sometimes, being a scientist rocks. I think that I am totally going to look at where the annual conferences are held before I pick a field to go into if I ever get my PhD. I mean, who wants to go to Atlanta every year or somewhere like that. I need more excitement than that. Ok. I have to work now. Poor me.

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


free hit counter