<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, April 27, 2004

So, as you may or may not know, I went to a conference last week. It was a lot of fun. Because it was at the beach and I got to spend my free time at the beach and the pool. You can't beat that. I think that if I decide to get my PhD, I will look at different fields and see where their conferences are. If it is Alaska in December, I think that I will find a different field. If it is Sarasota in April, I will consider it.

Conferences are fun, but they are overwhelming. All this information so concentrated in one tiny area, it really starts to make you tired. Here is one thing I learned at my conference:

People with Alzheimers smell.

Ok, so that is not what the guy meant, but that is exactly what he said. It was hilarious. I was already pretty much tuned out by that point (you know how some speakers are, they drone on and one and never really give any background and just expect you to be able to read their mind) and when I heard that, I laughed out loud. I got a couple of evil stares from some intellectuals, but, I was making the best of a bad situation.

Otherwise, it was great. I spoke to a lady from Michigan, and she might have a job opening for me. So that would be wonderful. A job is always a good thing. I was looking up yearly trends in weather in Ann Arbor, Michigan, and it snows almost 10 inches three months during the winter there, and then some amount other months. I am not thrilled about that, but if I get some weather appropriate clothes, then it should not be a problem. And moving out of NC might be fun. But I am not sure because I never tried it. But I think that it is about time that I do try it. Well, that is all I am going to say now. I am getting tired and I still have a lot of work to do. So off to work it is for me.

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


free hit counter