<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, April 28, 2004

More about my trip to Sarasota. One night, there were some people going out and in my effort to become a more out going person, I decided to go with them. Unfortunately, they were going dancing. And not the classical dance, like you might see on Dirty Dancing or Strictly Ballroom, no, it was definitely BET style. Anyway, I am not a dancer. There is just something lacking in me when it comes to BET and Janet/Justin style dancing. Suffice it to say, if dancing is an indication of a costume malfunction, I would never have one.

So, I decided to do my favorite thing, watch people and make fun of them. Only, I was standing alone, laughing in my head. And what is it that makes guys think that a girl by herself is just an open invitation to guys? If I wanted a guy, I would go and find my own. But seeing how I was standing there by myself obviously sent off a signal that I was desperate. I was attacked on all sides and guys thought that it was ok to attack with a vengeance. Hand holding, leaning into my personal space. One schmuck decided that it would be ok to kiss my cheek. Even after my telling him that I was dating someone. So I decided that the best way to avoid it all was to dance with people I knew. So I did, only there were not any more guys available. So I avoided as best I could but there was this guy that decided that he would teach me to dance. And as payment, he would then try to touch my hands and my ass.

So, I put a stop to that. But he was a persistent little bastard. At the end of the night, he leaned in and I put my hand up and said thank you for teaching me to dance and I pushed him away. He looked pissed but then he leaned in again and said, will I see you tomorrow night? And I said I hope not. Ok. I did not really say that, but I wanted to. I just said, I doubt it. Which was effective enough because he left without any physical contact. I wish that I were not such a chicken.

So, to any bar hoping guy out there. Girls just want to have fun, not be harassed by you. We can find our own guys if we want you. But if not, stay the hell away. So that is the moral of this story. Stay the hell away.

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


free hit counter