<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, April 14, 2004

Life, man, it can be rough. I remember when I was a kid and everything was easier. My biggest concern was that I had to go to bed when I wanted to play Hungry, Hungry Hippos. Yes. That was one of my favorite games. In the house I lived in when I was little, there were these louver doors that separated my sister's room and mine from the rest of the house. These doors let in just enough light, that I could see to play Hungry, Hungry Hippos when I should be sleeping. And I realized HHH was a loud game, so I would slowly push on the lever and slowly let the hippo eat a marble and then I would slowly let up on the lever, letting the hippo retract its head ever so slowly and then, plunk. The marble dropped into my special tray, letting me know that I was winning. (Well, that was not so hard when I was playing by myself.) And I would do that over and over. And then, the inevitable happened. My parents caught me and punished me.

Now there are a couple of things wrong with this story. First of all I picked quite a loud game to play. I mean, I should have known that marbles were never going to be quite. Second, isn't the point of the game to compete against each other and see who gets the most marbles? Somehow this concept escaped me. I mean, I really liked to play by myself. I mean, I even disobeyed my parents for the Hippos.

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


free hit counter