<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, February 13, 2004

Today, I gave blood. Not to a vampire, but to the Red Cross. I hate giving blood, but I feel it is my civil duty to give blood, so I do it anyway. There is nothing fun about it. First they ask you all these questions like "Have you ever had sex with a man who has had sex with a man since 1977?" First of all, I am not about casual sex, but if I were do you think that I would interview everyone I had sex with asking them if they had sex with a man since 1977? Personally, that is information that I do not think I would want to know. Then they ask "Are you feeling well today?" Of course I am not feeling well. I know that you are about to stick a needle in my arm and suck my blood out. Why would I be ok? They also ask if there is any condition under which you see a doctor for so I said yes. I have allergies and being around rats all the time makes them flame up so I have to take medicine to make it all better. So, the lady asked me what I was being seen for and I said allergies and she asked, how do you spell that? Has she never heard of allergies before? It is not like it is some uncommon thing. So then came the moment of doom. I had to give blood. And they stick this needle in your arm and I know that you are not supposed to feel it after a minute or so, but I can always feel it. I hate it. Even now, as I type this, I can still feel the needle in my arm. I guess that this is what they call a psychosomatic pain. (I am really good at this kind of thing, imagining that things are wrong with me and then them manifesting themselves in side of me.) So, that was my day. Now I am going to do some work and then get out of here.

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


free hit counter