<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, February 07, 2004

In general, I do not really obsess about celebrities, prefering to obsess over normal people instead. But there are a couple of celebrities that I just love and I want to introduce them to you now and let you know why I think they are so special.

1. Alton Brown. Ok, so I love to cook anyway, but he brings in the science behind the cooking. He explains why food does what it does when heat is applied to it. And when I just make a simple meal, I know that Alton Brown would not be ashamed of me. Everything does not have to be gormet, just good eats.

2. Ira Glass. His radio show is the BEST. I can't wait to listen to a new one each week. This guy just kick all other radio show hosts' asses. I dream of writing a clip for him and getting to be on his show, if only I could be so lucky.

3. John Vanderslice. My obsession with him has grown steadly over the past couple of weeks. Yes he is an excellent singer/songwriter but there is more. His song Josie Anderson makes me want to change my name. Only one other time in my life have I wanted to change my name. I was a kid, learning to read, and I read on this clothes hanger "Rosie". So I started complaining (remember, I was only about 3) to my parents saying, "I wished you'd named me Rosie." (in a most sad and pathetic voice) I have not yet said to my parents, "I wished you'd named me Josie Anderson," but maybe it would help.

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


free hit counter