<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, January 27, 2004

The new scarf that I started is finally finished, thanks to the snow and ice that made school get canceled and that made the roads rather undrivable (at least in my opinion). And I am so excited about that all. I LOVE the scarf, and now, I am going to start on a matching hat, as soon as I go to the store and buy some circular needles and some double pointed needles (so I can knit in the round). But I am really excited about this all.

Unfortunately, tomorrow I must go to school. And I have to teach. This is not my favorite thing to do, but I will get over it because, that is what they pay me to do. And I only have to teach one section this semester. Which is great for me since less of my time can be devoted to grading, and more time to research. Which leads me to something that sucks, I will have to work all night Friday night, but the bad thing is that I have a meeting that lasts until 1:30, so I will not get started until 2:00, so I will probably not get home until 6:00 am on Saturday morning. And my dad will be here on Saturday (visiting my Grandmother) but I will be sleeping, and then traveling to Raleigh to prepare to watch the Super Bowl with my friends. (Go Panthers) So, I will not get to see him after all, but he will get to see my new scarf (which I am ever so proud of) and I even sang a song on my parents answering machine explaining to them how wonderful and finished the scarf was, and that there was a hat to come in the future. (I love making up songs.)

Oh, and the Chicken and dumplin that I made last night turned out really well. I was quite pleased with myself. I have never made dumplins from scratch before (Bisquick is usually my guide) but from now on, I will just do them myself. They were really easy and so much better.

And now, I must go off and get some beauty sleep. (trust me, I need it) Although, I wonder why they don't invent, "Get Skinny Sleep." I need that more than beauty right now.

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


free hit counter