<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, January 24, 2004

Last night I was reading "Middlesex" while I should have been sleeping. But, I decided that it was worth it since I was not going to leave the house on Sunday, (probably) because of the ice storm, and I could sleep then instead. So while reading, I cam across a phrase from my childhood, that brought back a flood of memories. "Carpet Muncher" was the phrase, and it reminded me of Zeke and Wyatt (two people in my Junior High who thought that this was the best phrase ever). So then I remembered the farewell party that we had for Zeke when he had to move out of town. And it was a surprise party, and some of the girls got some Secret aerosol deodorant and sprayed it and said "Ssh, it's a secret." And I also remembered the "date" I had with Wyatt when the two of us when to Carowinds. And I did not even realize that it was a date until after the fact, when my mom was talking to his mom and the my mom told me that Wyatt wanted to hold my hand. But he did not do it and the "date" was over before I realized that this was true. But it is indeed strange what wonderful and funny memories the phrase "carpet muncher" can illicit.

Oh, and you absolutely HAVE to read Middlesex (if I have not told you already).

And I decided that I am tired of the all lower case trend in web logs and emails. So I am going to try to refrain from using them (lower cases) exclusively.

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


free hit counter